Hey guys! Welcome to another edition of #InfoTuesdays. As a follow up from our very first edition, we continue to speak about social media influencing. Just as a reminder, an influencer is one with a huge number of followers who is known to belong to a certain industry and hence can affect the decisions people make by their reach.
So today, we focus on the cost of being an influencer. How much does an influencer have to spend? How much does he/she make in return? INfleur has all the answers in this new article, so sit back and get informed!
Is it expensive to be an Influencer?
So social media influencers are usually the types to splurge on fancy stuff. No matter the kind of influencer you are, you definitely have to show your followers some sort of ‘luxury’. This gets everyone asking, ‘how much do they really spend’?
Unfortunately, there is no all-round answer. However, we can give you an average range per the type of industry.
- Travel: Now contrary to the general thinking, travel influencers don’t start off rich. In fact, some even work for years without a dime in their pockets! On the average though, you would need as little as $300 to start your career in travel blogging. This is according to successful travel bloggers, Damon and Jo.
- Fashion: Well quality-wise, this is a teeny bit more expensive to pull off. Known brands cost a fortune! But you can still create your own style with some cheap clothes for as low as $20. H&M baby!
- Beauty: Beauty blogging requires more skill and appreciation. You can’t just paint anything on your face and call it makeup lol. So if you think you’ve got the right artistic skills then you probably need just a few cheap but underrated brands like NYX, Milani etc, to pull off a dope facebeat! Your budget should just be around $60 for starters.
- Food: For the foodies it’s easy! Probably the cheapest. A good looking meal could be flaunted on the gram at a cost of just $10! But you have to be a professional though, with a lot of experience.
- Fitness: Hmm hitting the gym can create quite a dent on your pockets. On the average, a monthly plan should cost you between $40-$50. Or you could build a home gym for not less than $1500.
Is it expensive to be an influencer?
So you see, on an average it doesn’t really cost much to become an influencer. Plus we all know it pays off! It is true that some influencers don’t get paid for posts but pretend to. Yet that does not mean you can’t work extra hard to earn what you deserve. As an influencer on Instagram with 2000-10,000 followers, you could cash in $75 to $250 per post. For a blogger, you could rake in $175 to $250 per post for having 10,000-50,000 impressions. Below is a chart showing how much influencers make per industry