Have you ever wondered what’s going on in the mind of a fashion blogger and designer? Here at INFleur, we asked a few questions to a rising star in French fashion, Kenza Sadoung (@kenzasmg)
1. What is your favorite social network?
Instagram, without a doubt!
2. When did you create your Instagram account and why?
When it started, back in 2011. I already had a blog since 2008, so it seemed essential to sign up for an account on this platform to promote my articles.
3. Among other influencers, who inspires you the most?
4. Do you think Instagram has been helpful in developing your audience?
Not specifically. Truth be told, the audience of my blog has decreased considerably since Instagram started, whereas my Instagram followers have substantially increased. But it sure is easier to be seen on Instagram!
5. What keeps you the busiest daily?
My full-time job as a blogger. I also created my own company, I work with a range of partners (assistants, photographers, videographers, translators, managers etc.) Creating attractive content and being able to stand out on social networks is a real job when you do it seriously.
6. How did you develop your taste for fashion design?
My parents both worked in the visual arts: my mother in advertising and fashion, my father in the music video business.
7. What inspires you the most in your occupation?
All the people I’ve met over the past 10 years. Small or big entrepreneurs and passionate people. I’m lucky to spend time with all kinds of people every day, it’s very enriching. And of course, all the trips I get to go on.
8. How do you separate your public life from your private life?
Even if I give the impression that I reveal 90% of my private life on social networks, it’s not actually true. I keep many things private for myself, my family, my fiancé and my friends. I don’t systematically pull out my phone to film or take pictures.
9. Which element do you like least about your occupation?
I’m conscious that I work in the public eye and that I set myself up on a stage, but sometimes my critics bother me. They come to me as if I owe them something by putting myself out there, that I must be accountable to them. I like that the Internet brings people together, but not all people are educated enough and don’t know when to stop.
10. What is your main goal in life?
It’s a cliché, but my goal is to be happy. Isn’t that the point of life?
11. If you had to choose a city to spend the rest of your life, which one would it be?
It’s very difficult because I can’t just settle for one city. I was born in Paris, I grew up in Paris, I am undeniably Parisian, but I still need to escape to calmer cities, where the sun shines more. Like Los Angeles, for example. I also love New York, but I’m not sure I would enjoy living there full time.
I’m still thinking about it a lot and will probably find the answer soon, once I’ve travelled some more.
12. If you had a motto / quote or even a single word for all your fans, what would it be?
I really like this motto from Nelson Mandela. It rings very true and always brings me strength:
“ I never lose. I either win or learn.”
This article is presented by Buzz Beanie.