The crispy, the creamy and the spicy!
Hey guys! So its another Monday, the start of a beautiful week! And as usual, INfleur has another interesting edition of #LifestyleMondays. Today is all about food.
It is a fact that we all need food to survive. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, because it literally means ” to break the fast you’ve had since you went to sleep at night”. A good breakfast fuels you up and gets you ready for the day! So we curated a nice list of five quick and easy breakfast recipes that would give you all the energy to start your days! Are you ready?
1. BAKED FRENCH TOAST- Cooking time: 25 mins
Now to make this is quite simple:
1/2 cup milk
12 slices of white/whole wheat bread
Butter/ powdered sugar (optional)
For 6 servings
- PRE-HEAT oven to 500°F.
- BEAT eggs and milk in large bowl until blended.
- POUR 1/2 of the egg mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- PLACE bread slices in pan; turn slices over and let stand until egg mixture is absorbed.
- PLACE bread in single layer on well-greased baking sheet.
- BAKE in 500°F oven 6 minutes.
Now you can turn slices over and spread with butter, if desired. Bake until golden brown and no visible liquid egg remains, 3 to 4 minutes longer. Sprinkle powdered sugar over bread if desired. SERVE or FREEZE for later use.
2. OATMEAL WITH APRICOTS- Cooking time: 10 mins
Probably the quickest make out there!
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup low-fat milk
2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
2 tablespoons chopped roasted almonds
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Add raisins if desire. For 2 servings.
- PREPARE the oats according to the package directions. Divide between 2 bowls.
- DIVIDING evenly, top with the milk, raisins, apricots, almonds, and nutmeg.
Voila! Ready to eat!
3. SCRAMBLED CHEESY EGGS- Cooking time: 17 mins
For scrambled egg lovers, this is perfect!
3 tablespoons butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend or any other brand preferred.
- MELT the butter over medium-low heat, In a large nonstick pan with sloped sides (even a wok shape works).
- ADD the eggs and 1 teaspoon cold water, in a large bowl. Vigorously whisk until frothy and smooth.
- SWIRL the pan around to coat the butter on the bottom and up the sides. Pour the eggs into the pan and let sit for a few seconds.
- USE the whisk to gently beat the eggs, then allow them to sit for just a few seconds between beating them again. Repeat this process of whisking then resting the eggs for a few seconds until about 50 percent of the eggs are set and the rest are still wet.
- SPRINKLE the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and continue to whisk and rest alternately. Till the eggs are 75 percent done.
- ADD the cheese and from this moment, continue to whisk the eggs until done.
Serve warm with a cup of coffee. YUM!
4. BERRIES AND BANANA SMOOTHIE- Cooking time: 5 mins
The easiest to make and the healthiest!
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 frozen ripe banana
1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- COMBINE all ingredients together in a blender and puree until smooth.
Makes 2-3 servings. Contains 318 calories per serving and tastes delicious too!
5. BUTTERMILK PANCAKES- Cooking time: 20 mins
No more searching for your favorite pancake recipe. Buttermilk adds that bit of tang!
1½ cups (6⅜-oz.) all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon table salt
1½ cups whole buttermilk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs Maple syrup, warmed
- WHISK together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- WHISK together buttermilk, butter, and eggs in a separate bowl.
- ADD buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- HEAT a nonstick skillet over medium. Drop batter by ⅓-cupfuls onto hot skillet; cook until bubbles in center pop and edges are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- TURN and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- REPEAT procedure with remaining batter.
Serve pancakes with warm maple syrup. Heavenly!