Marcus Hyde: Photographer called out by influencer for demanding ‘nudes’

Renowned celebrity photographer, Marcus Hyde, has been accused of predatory behaviour. Rising Insta model, Sunnaya Nash, exposed the photographer on her IG, after he requested she sent nudes, before he’d work with her. She also included screenshots from their chat, where Marcus insults her. Several of Marcus’ clients, including Kim Kardashian, have frowned on his behavior.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by FOUR23 (@thefour23) on

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Sunnaya (@sunnnaya) on

Marcus is being accused of sexual misconduct

Celebrity photographer Marcus Hyde, widely known for his work with Kim Kardashian and Ariana Grande, is under fire after a chat he allegedly had with a model, was shared with the public.

Last Sunday, Hyde published an Instagram Story with a photo of a model posing in a shower, wearing a nude see-through bodysuit. There was a caption over the photo reading: “Who wants to shoot?” 

Rising model Sunnaya Nash, who has 27,000 followers, then reached out, hoping to get the gig. At first, Marcus agreed to shoot her for free; but later added a condition — she had to send him her nudes.

The photographer allegedly asked for nudes beforehand so he could see “if she was worth it.”

“I don’t have nude photos,” the model responded, to which Hyde replied, “It’s 2k then.”

“But nude is free?” Sunnaya asked.

“Ya,” the photographer replied.

And when Sunnaya further disagreed to his demands, he then told her to “find someone else. Ill [sic] keep shooting celebs.”

Many more speak up; Instagram takes down Marcus Hyde

Whether she’d expected it or not, Sunnaya’s revelation opened a portal for so many women to come forward.

“I only expected a few friends to reply [to my story] and was shocked at how quickly people were to share and repost,” Sunnaya said. “That started the flooding of messages I received from other girls coming out that Marcus Hyde had abused them during shoots. I asked them if I could share their stories, and I’m so glad I did.”

Using the hashtag #CancelMarcusHyde, the model shared various experiences others had with the photographer.

One person said, “Thank you for posting this. He straight up sexually assaulted me then blew up working with Kim right after”.

Another person recalled how she actually sent him the nudes he asked for. Then, “he screen shotted them and avoided every arrangement to try and shoot”.

“He reached out to me when I was 18…poured me shots…had sex with me and photographed the entire thing”, one user recounted.

Meanwhile, the photographer’s account is no longer active on Instagram. A spokesperson for Facebook, which owns Instagram, told BuzzFeed News that Hyde’s profile had been disabled “for violating our sexual solicitation policies.”

Kim & Ariana have disapproved Marcus’ behaviour

Ariana Grande is well-known to have worked with Hyde a couple of times. And everyone knows Hyde is probably Kim Kardashian’s favorite photographer.

In fact, Kim and Kanye West both donated $25,000 to Hyde after his near-fatal car accident in October. Therefore, it didn’t take long for people to reference them when the news came out.

Popular account, Diet Prada, were first to get the attention of the celebrities.

“Gross @marcushyde . @kimkardashian @arianagrande, come get your boy and teach him some decency,” they captioned on a post talking about the issue.

Ariana was the first to respond. In a post, she advised that models and artists should not shoot with photographers who “make you uncomfortable or make you feel like you need to take your clothing off if you don’t want to.”

“If you want to, sick. but if you don’t, please don’t. If they tell you you have to pay more money if you’re clothed that’s f—d and I’m sorry that has happened to you. I promise there are so many respectful, nice, talented photographers out there”, she added.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) on

“I hate hearing about things like this. I am sorry that that was anyone’s experience”

Kim K also spoke on the matter soon after. “My own experiences have always been professional, and I am deeply shocked, saddened and disappointed to learn that other women have had very different experiences.” she said.

“I stand in full support of every woman’s right to not be harassed, asked or pressured to do anything they are not comfortable with. We cannot allow this type of behavior to go unnoticed and I applaud those who speak out.”

Furthermore, on Monday, the model also thanked everyone who had reached out to her.

“Thank you for all the support and shares,” she wrote on Instagram. “Thankful to have a community like this and I support and encourage everyone speaking up! I really did not expect any reaction from this you guys are amazing.” 

RELATED: Influencer shamed for wedding ‘freebie’ scandal with photographer

Amanda Lucy

AMANDA IS A 25 YEAR OLD COLLEGE GRADUATE. LOVES MUSIC,DANCE AND IS AN ARDENT USER OF THE INTERNET. YOU CAN FOLLOW HER INSTAGRAM @nana_yaba. SHE STARTED WRITING FOR INFLEUR IN NOVEMBER 2017

No Comments Yet

Hinterlasse Deinen Kommentar!